Our Collection of your Information
Personal Information The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections, and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer
- when you visit our website and install our products
- when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you
- when you use our products
- when you contact us for help
- when you attend our customer conferences or webinars
- when our products or websites send us error reports or application analytics data
Our Use of your Personal Information
Interject may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- enforce our terms and conditions
- manage our business
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to affiliated entities within our corporate group, as well as with vendors who perform functions on our behalf; such parties provide hosting and maintenance services, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services for us
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. These contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Interject; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or company policies; to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security or integrity of our products and services
- when you give us consent to do so
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Interject uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between Interject and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, Interject is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. Interject and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to Interject’s cookie requirements.
- Website Links. We may create links to other websites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by Interject may have links leading to our site. Interject cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
Interject identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by Interject. Unless you consent, or we are required by law, we will only use the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If Interject will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, Interject will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the customers we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
Your Access to and Updating of your Personal data
Reasonable access to your personal data may be provided upon request made to Interject at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, Interject will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. We may charge a reasonable fee in advance for copying and sending the information requested. If you would like us to delete any personal Data held about you, we will do so on request unless we need to hold the information as part of the provision of products and services to you.
We offer those who provide personal contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non- transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
Notice to End Users
Most of our services are intended for use by organizations. Where the services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the accounts and/or service over which it has control. Please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy. Administrators may be able to:
- help you exercise the rights described in Section 12 (if applicable)
- allow you to reset your account password
- restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the services
- access information in and about your account
- access or retain information stored as part of your account
- change your information, including profile information associated with your account
- allow you or restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us immediately.
Your California Privacy Rights (United States only)
Interject does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal data about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our sites, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested. Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal data about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Interject has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, Interject cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data on or transmitted via the Internet.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitations
We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Interject shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to access, correct, amend, or delete the personal information Interject holds about you. In cases where Interject is a Data Sub-Processor or Processor, individuals must contact the Data Processor or the Data Controller, as applicable.
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of Interject that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Updated: March 2020